Monday 28 January 2019

Olivia Colman reveals battle with Wikipedia over her age

Colman has received plaudits for her performance as Queen Anne in The Favourite
The actress says that not only did the online encyclopaedia get the wrong date and month, it also aged her by eight years.

Golden Globe winner and Oscar nominee Olivia Colman has revealed she once wrote to Wikipedia to request a change on her page, after realising they had added eight years on to her age.

The British actress, who is 44 (not 52), gave a false identity so as not to appear "vain" when getting in touch with the online free encyclopaedia.However, when they didn't get back to her, she said she had to give the game away.

Speaking to her Broadchurch co-star David Tennant on his new podcast, Colman said: "Once, on Wikipedia, they had my birthday as the wrong day, the wrong month, and eight years before I was born.

"I emailed them, pretending it wasn't me. [I wrote] 'I was at school with her and that's not her birthday'. I didn't want them to think I was being so vain."




No comments:

Post a Comment